Friday, February 3, 2012

VoiceThread- A New Learning Tool?

OK so I've been working with VoiceThread recently, and although I have some prior knowledge and experience, I still learned some new things that it has to offer.  First off, I like to be using VoiceThread for some different experience in learning in the classroom.  It really helps the students work with technology and if used properly it can help them practice with higher order thinking skills.  
When creating a VoiceThread, I was able to learn how you can invite other people to view your Voicethread and possible comment on it.  By just requesting their email, I can have whomever I wish to participate on my VoiceThread- and as a future teacher, I see how this can be helpful if I would ever like to include other teachers.  I worked on a practice VoiceThread with two other classmates, and we came up with our own to experiment on.  I learned that you can upload links directly off the internet- which can be very convenient.  The way we did it though, was we created a powerpoint on the computer and simply uploaded it.  After much experimenting, I was not able to find a way to upload a new slide once the VoiceThread has been created.  But regardless, you can always comment on it and show a picture through the webcam.



I have so many ideas now to work with the VoiceThread in the classroom.  I can integrate various subjects onto one voicethread and ask the students to experiment with the different ways they can comment on it.  Also if I ever wish to share with another classroom, I can also do that!  

No comments:

Post a Comment